Mike Notter (currently with the bands Motopony and Hannalee) used to be in a band with a bunch of other window washers (Shim). Back then, cleaning windows was just a day job, something he did with his buddies before they started band practice at night. After Mike grew up and started a band and a family of his own, he learned how much the job had to teach him.
We have a sponsor!
Special thanks this month to Mountaineers Books for sponsoring Day Job! Mountaineers and its two imprints Skipstone and Braided River publish great books about the outdoors, sustainability and the environment. They cover everything from hiking trails to gardens.
Here are a few of their titles:
- Photography: Night Sky
- Elwha: A River Reborn
- The Urban Farm Handbook (by me)
- Day Hiking Olympic Peninsula
Want to learn more about the musicians in this episode?
- Hear Hannalee's Fall-, Winter-, Spring- and Summer-themed EP's music on bandcamp.
- See Hannalee's a Capella performance at St. Marks Cathedral on YouTube (thanks to Fremont Abbey for organizing and recording the event).
- Hear a couple singles from Motopony's new EP on the band's website or buy the whole EP on iTunes.
- Hear Motopony's first album on Myspace or buy it on iTunes.
- Watch a young Mike Notter play the part of a rock star god with his old band Shim in an old YouTube video.